PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

Dwight55
12-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Sorry, folks, . . . no video this week.

Our furnace is broke, . . . had to use the other hall where we don't got no cameras.

Study Matthew, chapter 1, verses 18 thru 25, . . . for the greatest story ever told.

May God bless,
Dwight

A Watchman
12-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Praying with you for some heat!

Gambit
12-18-2016, 03:40 PM
hope you get it working asap

Dwight55
12-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Well, . . . I'm getting a "trial by fire", . . . as I never have dissected a roof top unit before.

Gonna dig down in there see if I can extricate the heat exchanger, . . . and we'll go from there.

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
12-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Well, . . . I'm getting a "trial by fire", . . . as I never have dissected a roof top unit before.

Gonna dig down in there see if I can extricate the heat exchanger, . . . and we'll go from there.

May God bless,
Dwight

I thought it was 9 years old with a 10 year warranty? Can't you just get the company that installed it or made it to fix it?

azrancher
12-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Oh, let us help you... please... I'm sitting here in my long sleeve henley, it's 57 deg outside, I cut down a dead oak tree, it was small but I left the 4 big trunk pieces out there because there wasn't room in the 6X6, had that fire going since 4PM, had been using just Sycamore, which is not a good firewood, but makes nice charcoal for black powder!

OK Furnace, oil fired, or gas fired? Or is it a heat pump?

We really can help, like if there is snow on the roof go get a 20 lb propane cylinder with a Mr. Heater attached and you are good to go until you call the HVAC tomorrow...

Rancher

Dwight55
12-19-2016, 08:07 PM
I am, . . . I installed it.

I'm actually hoping it can be repaired, . . . or at least, I'll save the church "X" number of hours of labor taking it out myself, . . . at $75 to $125 per.

One guy came looked at it, . . . ain't called back.

Second was called Friday, . . . no call back yet.

Don't have a lot of faith in the mechanical community around here. And there is no real "Carrier" distributor close that I can find. Figure once I get it out, . . . I can then take pics, . . . send off to a distributor who needs to pay his rent, . . . get some traffic that way.

You really would be surprised, . . . if not amazed or even flabbergasted at the service industry in this area.

On a different note, . . . thank you for the kind words on the holster, . . . glad it is working out for you. I really like mine, . . . and am making one for a guy with a 9mm Shield.

May God bless,
Dwight

TJC44
12-26-2016, 01:51 PM
On a different note, . . . thank you for the kind words on the holster, . . . glad it is working out for you. I really like mine, . . . and am making one for a guy with a 9mm Shield.

May God bless,
Dwight

Post pics. There are a number of Shield owners here.

Dwight55
12-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Hey, hey, hey, . . . it's back up and running, . . . had one elder come to me Sunday, . . . "Can you turn the heat down a bit???"

God was good to me, . . . had a couple of Youtube videos "Carrier rooftop unit heat exchanger", . . . also gave me a 55 degree day to do the re-install.

I'd a got there, . . . but the video's made it easier.

Warranty took care of 2/3 of the overall cost, . . . all I was out was some travel, . . . and having to take it out, . . . and put it in.

Oh well, . . . should be good for 10 more years, . . . I'll most likely be worm food by then.

Thanks, to you all for your prayers and concern.

May God bless,
Dwight

hawgrider
12-26-2016, 06:31 PM
Nice work for an old coot!:D

Dwight55
12-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Nice work for an old coot!:D

Used to be a coot, . . . just a deplorable these days.

May God bless,
Dwight