PDA

View Full Version : House blessings

MrsInor
03-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Came across this on FOX about having your house blessed.

http://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/2017/03/01/what-is-house-blessing-and-should-have-one.html

Thought it was interesting. Coming from an American Indian upbringing, as a pipe carrier, I have blessed every house we have lived in.

The neighbor across the street is going to be selling her house in the near future and she has always buried a St. Joseph statue in her garden prior to listing her house - I had never heard of that before.

Camel923
03-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Catholics have had priests come out and bless a home or business as far back as my grandparents could remember(120 years or so).

Dwight55
03-05-2017, 10:33 PM
I have no idea how many I have done, . . . always consider it a privilege to be a part of it.

May God bless,
Dwight

Gambit
03-06-2017, 05:55 AM
some dumbasses pay 5000 to have a house blessed?
burn sage
say a blessing in each room
place salt at each entrance of the house
write your family name and name of the house 'if you have one" on to a stick wide enough and face it east for the first spring and summer then remove it and bury it near a garden or near running water on your land
place a mirror facing sunrise
place a mirror facing outside your house facing sunrise
go to where you have a bush or tree bury a fruit (apple peach pear or cherry)
hang a horseshoe at the main entrance
open a bottle of mead 'wine"and drink it at dusk

there where is my $5000? those asshole will pay for some nut job to do it why not pay me for less and I even bring a comedy act

inceptor
03-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Nothing fancy done here. After the house was built and after we moved in I asked God to bless this house and all who enter. 21 years later, the blessing is still here.