03-14-2017, 11:52 PM
Why is the "Word of God" so important?

Should it be seriously important to us?

Find out in this short service: https://youtu.be/8ArDN5yBe84

May God bless,
Dwight

Sarge7402
03-15-2017, 04:33 AM
Was a slow night at work last night so I borrowed from the inmate library one of their bibles (almost brand new ) and skimmed thru it for a while.

If I read the old testabment dietary rules correctly it's no bacon, no rabbit no wood chuck, no clams, no scallops, no crab legs, an no lobster. but all the locusts and grasshoppers I can eat.

A Watchman
03-15-2017, 06:29 AM
Was a slow night at work last night so I borrowed from the inmate library one of their bibles (almost brand new ) and skimmed thru it for a while.

If I read the old testabment dietary rules correctly it's no bacon, no rabbit no wood chuck, no clams, no scallops, no crab legs, an no lobster. but all the locusts and grasshoppers I can eat.

Naw .... The Old Testament was the period known as "The Law" and directed the Israelites to obedience. You my friend (judging by your pic in your avatar) are a Gentile and are covered under the "The Grace" as demonstrated in the New Testament. You can stop sacrificing and making offerings now .... oh yea, ditch the grasshoppers and enjoy a nice tenderloin.

Sarge7402
03-15-2017, 06:44 AM
Nah I thought that whole potion of the OT was a hoot. Hadn't laughed that hard in a while.

Actually we're having spam and eggs this morning

Dwight55
03-15-2017, 08:11 AM
Nah I thought that whole potion of the OT was a hoot. Hadn't laughed that hard in a while.

Actually we're having spam and eggs this morning

Spam and eggs, . . . spam and eggs, . . . spam and eggs.

You definitely are a man of strength and fortitude.

I'm not that strong.

May God bless,
Dwight

OSFG
03-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Dwight I will say that my education in the Bible...really starting over the last 5-7 years has been great. It takes so very very long to truly understand it and I find the more I learn...there are new levels of understanding found in it.

Although I am a very flawed man. It is the Word that has saved my marriage , My heart has been strengthened, My spirits lifted, and my soul is saved.

OSFG

hag
03-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Dwight I will say that my education in the Bible...really starting over the last 5-7 years has been great. It takes so very very long to truly understand it and I find the more I learn...there are new levels of understanding found in it.

Although I am a very flawed man. It is the Word that has saved my marriage , My heart has been strengthened, My spirits lifted, and my soul is saved.

OSFG

That's awesome testimony right there

Dwight55
03-15-2017, 08:06 PM

OSFG

Thanks for the GREAT testimony. Mine is the same, . . . just has about 33 more years on it than yours.

You will find the Bible to be like climbing a ladder. Standing on rung 1 ain't much different from rung 6, . . . but the view from 6 up is so much better, . . . deeper, . . . you can see more and grasp more.

KEEP CLIMBING.

May God bless,
Dwight

OSFG
03-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the GREAT testimony. Mine is the same, . . . just has about 33 more years on it than yours.

You will find the Bible to be like climbing a ladder. Standing on rung 1 ain't much different from rung 6, . . . but the view from 6 up is so much better, . . . deeper, . . . you can see more and grasp more.

KEEP CLIMBING.

May God bless,
Dwight

Oh I will. I know I'm an inspiration to the Preacher too...Every sermon seems to be about bad stuff I been doing...but he never calls me out by name....