PDA

View Full Version : Saint Patrick & Meatless Fridays

BucketBack
03-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Meatless Friday for Catholics in Lent called off for St. Patrick's Day
http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/2017/03/local_catholics_can_eat_meat_t.html

Green = Catholic
Orange = Protestant
White = Truce

Hmm, The Eternal never wavers.

hawgrider
03-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Meatless Friday for Catholics in Lent called off for St. Patrick's Day
http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/2017/03/local_catholics_can_eat_meat_t.html

Green = Catholic
Orange = Protestant
White = Truce

Hmm, The Eternal never wavers.

Meatless Fridays WTF no freaking way I could be Catholic. Friday is the start of 3 days of BBQing. And I can assure you I won't be BBQing freakin eggplant Oh hell no!

Walter Tyler
03-17-2017, 09:18 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/if-you-want-to-eat-meat-on-st-pat-s/article_3119231e-7682-5872-9df0-5e8e0147f282.html

The St Louis Archdiocese has a lil different take on it... Ask the Archbishop... Plate by Plate.

Whether meat will be allowed for St. Louis Catholics on St. Patrick’s Day is being determined on a plate-by-plate basis.

The Irish holiday is on March 17, which happens to fall on a Lenten Friday — a day when Catholics are not allowed to eat meat.

Historically, bishops have granted dispensation from the meatless rule, which would stop revelers from partaking in the holiday’s traditional corned beef dinners.

This year, Archbishop Robert J. Carlson has decided that such dispensation will be granted only to those who specifically petition his office, an archdiocesan spokeswoman said.

The dispensation will be granted if the archbishop finds that the event merits the special action, the spokeswoman said.

BucketBack
03-17-2017, 09:29 AM
My point exactly. The Eternal Never varies, so this isn't from The Eternal who detests the holidays of Man

Inor
03-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Meatless Fridays WTF no freaking way I could be Catholic. Friday is the start of 3 days of BBQing. And I can assure you I won't be BBQing freakin eggplant Oh hell no!

I'm with the Hawg. No meatless Fridays (or any other day for that matter) in the Inor house! But to help you Cathoholics out, we will double our meat consumption in this evening's meal to cover your share. Maybe I'll ask Mrs Inor to include some bacon or ham in the sides she makes for our grilled whatever.

Dwight55
03-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Well, . . . without thinking about the whole situation, . . . I did have my tuna fish salad sandwich for lunch, . . . with of course the obligatory bowl of Campbell's tomato soup on the side.

Guess I was being a good example for Catholics and didn't even know it.

May God bless,
Dwight

PS: Uh-oh, . . . just remembered I'm 1 for 2 today. Bacon an eggs for breakfast, . . . whatever.

Camel923
03-18-2017, 08:45 AM
It's not so bad. Shrimp, walleye, salmon are great meals. Grilled cheese or PBJs for lunch. It's one day a week for the duration of lent. BFD. If you can not do that how the hell do you expect to get by in a SHTF situation. Now if you just want to excecise freedom of choice that is perfectly acceptable.

BucketBack
03-18-2017, 11:08 AM
PBJ and 2% Milk. Ymm